BASICS OF THE PERUVIAN CUISINE
From selecting the ingredients to actually preparing the dishes, this class will teach you the best of the popular local fare.
Spend your morning or afternoon immersed in the best of the Peruvian Cuisine and have one of the best teaching chefs in Peru introduce you to the quintessential basics of Peruvian Cuisine. Our Chef will teach you how to prepare Peru’s staple dishes and afterwards you will enjoy a full tasting of these traditional Peruvian dishes.
- Causa Limeña: Potato based dish filled with Crab Meat or chicken. Causa in its basic form is a mashed yellow potato dumpling mixed with lemon, onion, chili and oil.
- Lomo Saltado: Sliced beef fried with potato chips (French fries), tomato, onions, soy sauce and chili. Served with rice.
- Suspiro a la Limeña: Meringue on top of a caramel flavored custard mixed with “manjar blanco” (Peruvian Dulce de Leche) and a touch of port wine.
Culinary Curriculum: In this class you will learn from our chef how to prepare the classic Peruvian dishes, which are popular in Peruvian homes and restaurants around the world.
|Morning Option:Pick up from the Hotel in Lima at 10:30 a.m.Approximate return time to Lima Hotel is 2:00 p.m.Afternoon Option:Pick up from the Hotel in Lima at 2:00 p.m.|
Approximate return time to Hotel is 6:00 p.m.
PRICE PER PERSON FOR 2 PEOPLE: US$155
PRICE PER PERSON FOR 4 PEOPLE: US$129
PRICE PER PERSON FOR 6 PEOPLE: US$117
- Transportation Lima Hotel-Restaurant-Hotel
- Culinary Gift and Recipe Book
- Tips and gratuities are OPTIONAL and up to you. Although not expected they are greatly appreciated.
|Trip Cancellation||UP TO US$500 PER PERSON (additional coverage available at low cost)|
|Trip Interruption||UP TO US$500 PER PERSON (additional coverage available at low cost)|
|Emergency Medical/Dental Coverage||$10,000|
|Emergency Medical Transportation||$50,000|
|24-Hour Hotline Assistance||Included|
(*) Available Basic trip cancellation/ interruption insurance up to US$500 per person. Approximate cost of policy US$50 per person unless additional trip cancellation/interruption coverage is requested. Insurance provided by Allianz Travel Insurance under their rules and regulations. Valid for US citizens and legal residents only. International flights, individual tours and/or treks are excluded. Peru Travel and Tours, LLC is not obligated to purchase an insurance policy nor liable if a policy is not purchased or declined by client. Peru Travel and Tours, LLC is not obligated to compensate in any way or form if a policy is not purchased or can not be purchased.